Compact bitcrusher pedal delivering
HEXE BitCrusher is a truly digital device and uses a low quality 12bit A/D and D/A conversion process to achieve it's unique sound.
In addition to real bitcrushing (messing up the digital sample) the pedal features a flexible and nice sounding downsampler with modulation option. Downsampling utlizes an aliasing effect to inject
a rich harmonic content into the signal.
Generally speaking, a bitcrusher is an example of creation though destruction proces.
It downgrades the signal in a very musical fashion. If you ever heard an audiophile talking about his "system", what this pedal does is exactly the opposite.
12bit digital signal path, instead of a classic bit reduction effect, the BCIII distorts the sample
in a more unique, musical sounding way,
- downsampling can be static, LFO modulated or externally controlled via the expression pedal input,
- INPUT GAIN switch allows to match the input signal level and makes the pedal more versatile when working with different types of instruments,
- thanks to the BLEND control, the pedal is very bass friendly!
- the latest revision of the pedal has an internal Filter Type switch, allows to switch the TELEPHONE filter between a band pass (stock) or lowpass type (perhaps more useful when the pedal is used as a classic distortion),
- reliable, long lasting relay based true bypass, the footswitches do not carry any audio signal.
- CRUSH, bit mess/digital distortion parameter,
- DOWNSAMPLE, sets the sampling frequency, range from 32kHz (at zero) to 1kHz (at max),
- TELEPHONE, bandpass (350Hz-3.5kHz) filter for ultra lo-fi sound,
- BLEND, dry/wet mix ratio knob,
- LEVEL, output volume regulator,
- EXP In, expression pedal input (jack stereo),
- EXP Pedal Assign, switch, allows to assign the Crush, Downsample or both of them together to the expression pedal,
- INPUT GAIN, settings: signle coil, humbucker, line level signal.
- MODULATE, activates/deactivates the modulation mode for the DOWNSAMPLE parameter,
- ON/OFF, true bypass footswitch,
- internal FILTER TYPE switch, allows to choose the TELEPHONE filter response (bandpass or lowpass).
Demo videos/Sound samples: